I’m pleased to present Part 2 of the ‘Years Bound Together‘ project completed by my eldest daughter and myself last Sunday.
We decided on a layout.
sorry for being redundant.
This gives you a view of the way the blocks are sewn together.
- You need 2 equal-sized blocks, 1 front and 1 back. Our back blocks are 100% cotton.
- It’s important to place each block set with wrong sides together.
- While sewing, the back sides will be facing right sides together.
- You’ll have 4 layers of blocks.
- This results in the seam exposed to the front.
- This seam is to be clipped carefully. Don’t clip past the stitch or you may have issues after washing.
- If you do clip past the stitching, go back before washing and give it a little reinforcement with a zig zag stitch or two. No one will see this 🙂
We used some of the odd sizes for the top and bottom border. Some of these border pieces are from polo shirts that were details about past offices held. You could easily use any decorative or plain piece of a t-shirt that would give you a border. Be creative!
Playing around with color editing really brings out the chevron design of the backing. It is Shiny 🙂 Even after washing.
Quote that seems to go with this project: Memories are the architecture of our identity. (Author Unknown)
Hope your Father’s Day 2016 is filled with beautiful memories!