First and foremost, sending thanks out to Andrea Huelsenbeck for the Special Blogger Award. She mentioned she doesn’t normally participate in these awards and I am the same way. But I will this once and I hope if you feel ambitious, you might answer these questions just for yourself. I don’t plan to nominate anyone although I know plenty of bloggers I look up to and could name. You know who you are. And while I’m at it, I’m adding Inez’s clipping for the week. So here goes:
- What is your favorite kind of art to make? I enjoy quilting to anyone who doesn’t know already. I find particular pleasure in ‘saving’ old quilt tops and blocks I find either at auction or donated to me. I definitely have an enabling circle of family and friends. Love them!!
- When did you begin creating? My first quilt was made after I had my first daughter. It was a crazy quilt without the embroidery, but I still have it and use it. So my construction passed the test of time at least. 😉
- Whose art (of any kind) do you most admire? I love the beauty of nature. I love walks and drives to see the changing of the seasons. Catching it on camera is something I strive to improve. God’s handiwork is perfection. So I guess the ‘who’ is our Creator.
- How would you characterize your art? I am definitely a traditional quilter.
- Which piece that you’ve made are you most proud of? Each quilt has something I feel like an accomplishment so it’s hard to pick a favorite. But I believe the first one has a special spot in my heart since I was never sure I’d complete it til the end.
- What is a medium you’ve never tried, but would like to? To have the space, time and resources to own a long arm quilting machine would be pretty great.
- What future project are you most looking forward to? I have 19 hand-stitched wedding ring lap-size quilts my husband found online for a steal. I’ve completed hand-quilting the first one and looking forward to getting it bound by the end of this month.
- How would you define beauty? I’m going off topic here a bit from art, but beauty to me is in the eyes of children. Seeing delight and happiness in their faces says that all is well in the world to me.
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? Ask Questions! Don’t be afraid. I was a very shy girl and my poor mother thought I would never learn to speak up. And as in the clipping above, ‘Inquire about everything…”. It is the way to improve whatever it is you are striving to achieve.
- If you could have dinner with any person, living or dead, who would you choose, and why? Since beginning my series with Inez’s Clippings, I sure would like to have her back just awhile to get more of her thoughts on the bits and pieces I’ve been sharing. The more things have changed, the more they have stayed the same.
Thanks for visiting this week and hope you’ll check back again soon!