I recently rediscovered my quilting journal.It’s really a wonderful tool to
- keep track of what happened first, second, etc.
- document mistakes you learned from the project
- help you reach a goal
- prove ownership (yes, people steal quilts)
- inspire another aspiring quilter
- keep a history to pass on to your future generations.
There are probably a few reasons it was put aside other than that I had to move my sewing room to the basement. It’s called the computer and digital photography/cameras for one. Having a few too many irons in the fire could be (and probably is) Number Two. Then there’s the time factor. The time between making a quilt can be pretty lengthy which would lead to my forgetting about the documentation part. Well, whatever. Shame on me. Because finding this little piece of the past makes me a little nostalgic. If I’d kept it up, I could have used it for the A to Z.
Maybe I’ll begin printing the project photos again and inserting them in this for next year?? And so I remember, guess I’ll just tie a string around my finger?