I have absolutely no idea how to transition from Scruggs style, foot tappin, deep in the hills music to my blog topic. So I won’t. Hope you enjoyed my version that I wish I owned a Scruggs tuner for. I settled for chokes and slides instead. (music jargon)
Not your typical eggs.
We recycled some magazine and posterboards for creating eco-friendly Easter Eggs. As I have a child here with egg and peanut allergies, we decided to avoid coloring Real eggs this year. Just playing it safe. I’d like to take this time to thank one of my daycare parents for donating all the posterboard for our ‘creations’. I hope to show more ways to use it up in future posts.
Skills learned in this activity:
- Sensory experience: glue gets on your fingers and Is Sticky
- More Sensory: Paper can tear if you’re not gentle, or sometimes even if you are
- Math: Eggs are Ovals
- Math: Sequence (glue must go on first ….. then the paper
- Language: Letter recognition from use of magazines
- Fine Motor: Drawing a line with the glue and then practicing getting the paper on that line
- Self- Esteem: Pride in the completed project
Our point in this experience was to learn how to create with uncommon materials and enjoy the process. This is when the mind unleashes creativity. I suppose we are Nourishing young minds…. my N word (other than Nashville).