I hope you enjoyed the Fabulous Picture session my sister did for us for the recent JROTC Ball. She met up with my youngest, Kirsten and her 3 besties and shot those pics on Claycomb Road in Pettis County, Missouri. If you haven’t been blessed with teens hanging around, then I must let you know some items to help you cope. These are in no particular order.
- Soda (not Diet) I’ve been reminded that some of you may call it Pop. We Really say sodie in my house 🙂
- Corn Chips
- Cheese to melt on those corn chips
- Plenty of plug-ins for all the phone chargers
- Hair Spray on dance nights
- A Fan to vent it all out
- Pizza, Tacos, or Burgers & Dips of any kind are the mandatory staple. Otherwise they want money$$$$ to eat out.
Can I now say ‘when I was their age’ statements? I have to add a few.
- My family had a party line until I reached teenage years. I. Am. Ancient.(a party line is when several families are connected on a phone line and you have to check to see if anyone else is talking before you dial. And Yes, you can hear each others’ conversations….but most of us were civilized and respected someone’s privacy.)
- Gas at $3.49 would have caused a Revolution
- That’s why we could drive the Strip
- But my friends & I preferred sitting on my bed, playing those 80’s tunes and chatting. (My cousin & I even wrote each other letters in shorthand so our mothers couldn’t read them )
- You never heard of kids being kidnapped much less heard of an Amber Alert. Sad
- Dinner was Meat, Potatoes, Another Vegie, Buttered Bread and Sweet Tea. Yum
- No Microwave Anything
I invite you to share your ‘when I was their age’ memories. I Know I Forgot a bunch.