I hope you enjoyed the Fabulous Picture session my sister did for us for the recent JROTC Ball. She met up with my youngest, Kirsten and her 3 besties and shot those pics on Claycomb Road in Pettis County, Missouri. If you haven’t been blessed with teens hanging around, then I must let you know some items to help you cope. These are in no particular order.
- Soda (not Diet) I’ve been reminded that some of you may call it Pop. We Really say sodie in my house 🙂
- Corn Chips
- Cheese to melt on those corn chips
- Plenty of plug-ins for all the phone chargers
- Hair Spray on dance nights
- A Fan to vent it all out
- Pizza, Tacos, or Burgers & Dips of any kind are the mandatory staple. Otherwise they want money$$$$ to eat out.
Can I now say ‘when I was their age’ statements? I have to add a few.
- My family had a party line until I reached teenage years. I. Am. Ancient.(a party line is when several families are connected on a phone line and you have to check to see if anyone else is talking before you dial. And Yes, you can hear each others’ conversations….but most of us were civilized and respected someone’s privacy.)
- Gas at $3.49 would have caused a Revolution
- That’s why we could drive the Strip
- But my friends & I preferred sitting on my bed, playing those 80’s tunes and chatting. (My cousin & I even wrote each other letters in shorthand so our mothers couldn’t read them )
- You never heard of kids being kidnapped much less heard of an Amber Alert. Sad
- Dinner was Meat, Potatoes, Another Vegie, Buttered Bread and Sweet Tea. Yum
- No Microwave Anything
I invite you to share your ‘when I was their age’ memories. I Know I Forgot a bunch.
When I was their age, dinner and a movie was a cheap date.
Visiting from A to Z ~
Wendy at Jollett Etc.
Yep and the meaning of words were just that – no nuances which could be misinterpreted. I miss my youth for my kids…
Visiting from A-Z
Stopping by on the 12th day of the #atozchallenge. Having a good time today blog hopping, saying hi and moving on. If you have time or interest, I am writing about gardening and related topics this month. Come and visit.
Hello and welcome! I will stop by for sure.
I have vague memories of party lines!! I have 3 teens that grace our abode with their presence- all 3 in JROTC too! 🙂 I remember times with no seat belts- playing card games in the back of a station wagon while travelling.
Boy, isn’t it the truth about soda, chips (variety) and pizza/tacos/burgers??
Great post 🙂
You have some good ones there! I rode in the very back of a station wagon forever until they started having cars catch on fire from being rear ended. Life on the edge.lol
Really nice post, great to connect with another blogger through atoz. http://aimingforapublishingdeal.blogspot.co.uk/
Thank you! I’ll be visiting later:-)