An oldie from 1890 by Charles H. Gabriel. He is known for writing or composing over 7000 songs. This Hymn is #304 in my copy of The Baptist Hymnal.
Speaking of Charles, I have an Uncle Charles.
- Fondly referred to as Uncle Sonny.
- Always gave out shiny brand new half dollars for birthdays.
- A Korean Vet
- Member of the 101st Airborne
- Cooked for General MacArthur during the Korean War. He loved reminding me of that.
- Loved to talk about jumping from airplanes. My first memory of hearing about parachuting. I w.a.s in AwE!! (That is on my bucket list. Could my knees handle that? Probably not .)
- We’d ‘catch him’ driving by our house sometimes. He liked to keep an eye on things. Like a guardian. Loved that about him.
- He did Not like crowds. Always the first to leave early from family events. Probably a smart move as Randall’s are reknown arguers. lol Some would prefer the word “Debaters”.
To my family, if any of you have a good photo of Uncle Sonny, I’d love to have one…hint hint. Mine are buried in a closet belonging to a daughter who shall remain nameless 🙂