A real cutie from the family tree, introducing Brycen in his lil’ baby cocoon. Thanks Grammie Michelle for the picture. With that, we’ll head into the subject of Letter F day….
Fifty (50) Ways to Pacify a Baby (without a pacifier)
- 1.Check / change diaper
- Try feeding bottle (give snack if age appropriate)
- Pick up
- Massage them
- Swaddle them
- Bathe them (or place their hands in a sink to splash if they are older)
- Give hugs. Lots and Lots of hugs
- Lie down next to them on a blanket and just be there
- Look at each other’s face and enjoy their company
- Read Read Read
- Record sounds and replay them (use those phone recorders!!! They are a plethora of sounds)
- Sit them in a high chair and put applesauce, yogurt or pudding on the tray
- Cold teether rings and toys
- Walk them
- Try a rattle
- Play music on a stereo/radio
- Play an instrument if you have one (or enlist someone who does) Live music is fascinating to babies of all ages.
- Look out a window
- Open a door or window to hear the outdoor sounds. This one is magic!!
- Step outside for fresh air
- Roll them in a stroller….inside or out
- Give them large plastic kitchen spoons or rubber spatulas
- Clap to them
- Rock them
- Blow Bubbles
- Give them a fuzzy teddy bear or other animal to hug
- Play pat-a-cake
- Play Peek-a-boo
- Jingle Bells
- Put a mobile above them
- Call up a friend or someone for them to listen to on a phone
- Pat their back while lying them on their tummy
- Burp them
- Smile at them
- Talk to them
- Chant rhymes or songs instead of singing
- Shower them with kisses
- Make funny faces
- Make funny noises
- Give raspberries on an arm or leg
- Give them a look in a mirror at the other baby
- Enlist their siblings help to sing to them
- Run a vacume or make other white noise
- Fan them with a paper fan
- Let them crinkle paper
- Play ride the horsie
- Brush their hair
- Brush them with a feather or soft item
- Try floor play on a colorful blanket
ahh this are some smart tips, good learning curve, thanks for sharing 🙂
Great tips! I could have used this list a few years ago! Now I need a list on how to temper attitude in a tween… 🙂
I might get rich with a list for that. Lol Thanks for visiting 🙂
Hello there, swinging by back to you from mine to say hello and be nosy. Thank you for the tips, thank goooodness I don’t need them anymore past that stage LOL…lovely header BTW did you make it?
Yes that’s my “shoe fly string quilt”. Working on a new quilt as we speak. Similar but a white bacground. Thanks for visiting!
I love quilts, you sell them?
Now and then, I have one on Etsy that’s a lap-sized one. If you want to see it (no pressure) go to Katy Trail Creations on Etsy. It’s a string quilt too.
thank you 🙂 I always think crafty people are sooo clever, wish i was crafty….not sneaky crafty…grins
I have an etsy account, just never got arond to making anything, still thinking what to make two years later lol
Let me know if you ever post items, I’ll be glad to follow your shop!
awe thank you, my shops is dusty right now lol